Second in Charge of Mathematics & Further Mathematics
AN OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN OUR TEAM AT
THE SUNDAY TIMES SIXTH FORM COLLEGE OF THE YEAR 2015/16
Second in Charge of Mathematics and Further Mathematics
Required for September 2017 or January 2018
Pay dependent on experience using LAE pay scale
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit an inspirational teacher to teach and lead Mathematics and Further Mathematics at A level. LAE is an ambitious, academically selective sixth form in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (now zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In 2016 LAE secured outstanding A level results. 86% of A level grades were A*, A or B and half of all grades were A* or A. The school is heavily oversubscribed with more than 2500 applications each year. This year, a record number of twenty of our sixth formers have offers of places at the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge.
We seek a successful teacher of mathematics and further mathematics with the skills and determination to help lead this popular and successful department. The second in charge will support the Lead Teacher with improving the outcomes for all students across the department.
What LAE can offer you:
- the opportunity to teach your subject to the highest standard to many of the most able and inquisitive young people in east London;
- a regular high-quality continuous professional development and support;
- a modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station;
- collaborative working with our partner schools such as Brighton College, Highgate School and Eton College;
- an NQT induction programme where new teachers are "guided skilfully to develop their practice as part of a cohesive and collegiate team", (Newham Partnership Working, November 2015).
How to apply?
Please submit a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 together with a CV and the LAE application form to: email@example.com by:
Application deadline: 9 a.m. on Monday 5 June 2017.
For more information, please contact James Kane, Assistant Head on 020 3301 1480 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The London Academy of Excellence is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to this post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.