Teacher of Maths
AN OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN OUR TEAM AT
THE SUNDAY TIMES SIXTH FORM COLLEGE OF THE YEAR 2015/16
Teacher of Mathematics and Further Mathematics
Required for September 2017
Salary range: £24,000 - £34,000, dependent on experience.
Duties and responsibilities
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit an inspirational teacher to teach Mathematics and Further Mathematics at A level. LAE is an ambitious, academically selective sixth form in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (now zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In 2016 LAE secured outstanding A level results. 86% of A level grades were A*, A or B and half of all grades were A* or A. The school is heavily oversubscribed with more than 2500 applications each year. This year, a record number of twenty of our sixth formers have offers of places at the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge.
Skills, qualifications and experience
We seek a teacher committed to high academic standards who can communicate to young people an enthusiasm for mathematics. A teaching qualification is not required for this post, but a passion for mathematics and for teaching young people is a necessity. Excellent subject knowledge is essential for this post.
What LAE can offer you:
- the opportunity to teach your subject to the highest standard to many of the most able and inquisitive young people in east London;
- a regular high-quality continuous professional development and support;
- a modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station;
- collaborative working with our partner schools such as Brighton College, Highgate School and Eton College;
- an NQT induction programme where new teachers are "guided skilfully to develop their practice as part of a cohesive and collegiate team", (Newham Partnership Working, November 2015).
How to apply?
Please submit a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 together with a CV and the LAE application form to: by:
Application deadline: 9.00am on Friday, 9 June 2017.
For more information please contact James Kane, Assistant Head, on 020 3301 1480 or email: email@example.com.
The London Academy of Excellence is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to this post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.